• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 series block heaters

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I know we've covered adding the heaters in several posts, but mine already had one in the rear-most location. I'm curious about when these heaters would be added in service. Was it part of the arctic winterization kits? Mine has the remains of the cab insulation and the shifter boots, as well as the loops on the hood and grill guard for the blankets. I haven't had to plug in the truck in southeastern VA yet, but I'm sure it will come in handy when it finally gets cold. My truck came from the NC ARNG, but it must have been some place a lot colder in its previous station.

So, how many of you guys bought your 809 trucks with the heater already installed?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "thermal barrier" is covered in the -20 TM, but not any block heater, sounds almost commercial (=non military), more details pls.

Have we seen pictures of your truck tractor or did I miss something?
Edit: Found your posts... :oops:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bjorn, I will snap some pics of it and see if I can find a part number anywhere. It is dirty and dusty like the rest of the engine so I guess it has been on there for a while. If Chad wouldn't have seen the cord hanging off of it, we might not have noticed it was there at all.

CGarbee

The NCANG has gone to some fairly cold spots in recent years... NTC and Iraq (at night, both get kinda cool...). Heck, even the mountains in NC can cold enough in the winter to want a block heater in a diesel...

Can't quite make out the unit numbers in the photos in the other thread on this truck to be able to tell which unit had the truck, but if it was based west of I85 it most likely had the heater installed just to be shure it cranked up when at the Armory... Send me the numbers off the bumper and dataplate and I'll ask the guy who used to "own" the truck about it's history...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Cabell. That would be great. The front bumper says NC ARNG 725 POL CO and the data plate says 05A-59170-C124-10306.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks