• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M812 Cummins oil pressure

armytruckdiesel

I'm a new owner of a 1977 M812 Bridge Truck with the NHC250 Cummins engine. What should the normal oil pressure be at operating temp for idle and at driving speeds?

What is the best place to buy rims to convert this truck over to 1600x20 single tires?

Thanks,
Andy

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check it with a known good manual gauge, Daves correct, 35-40 at hot idle and 60-65 high idle. Usually not too many o/p issues with these engines. Depending what type of lube system you have, FFC or non FFC, you can check the regulator without removing the pump. Check the gauge 1st, it isn't normal for the o/p to not go up with increased engine speed. If the gauge is good, i'll see if i can post some scans from a manual to walk you through the regulator thing.

derby

My new rig( M812)runs 60 psi @idle and around 90psi @ high idle @ 190 deg.the gauge sets at about 5# when truck is off. a little off subject (and hate to ask out of my own stupidity)but where does the fuel go from the primer line that connects to the engine pre heater?