• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m812 head board dimensions?

5tondeuce

I just picked up this bridge truck chasis, it was headed to the scraper. its in really good shape for whats left of it. All of the bridge truck parts are there, its just missing the generic 5ton parts and I have an 818 parts truck that will give up its life for the cause, it will be a while before i have a chance to work on this beast but I want to fab up the headboard that is missing.It looks pretty straight forward but I need some dimensions. I believe the main frame of it is just 2"x2" tubing but I am not sure of the height and how much it offsets towards the back of the cab. any measurements that you bridge truck owners could provide would be much appreciated,
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

M1075

Too bad you are so far, I might have some bridge truck specific parts you could use, including the headache rack.

gunboy1656

Sam Winer in Ohio has a dozen or so bridge trucks just sitting around. Would love to have one, but seems to be too much of a pain seeing as they are over sized for road use.

Good luck with your project.

5tondeuce

Sam Winer in Ohio has a dozen or so bridge trucks just sitting around. Would love to have one, but seems to be too much of a pain seeing as they are over sized for road use.

Good luck with your project.
Not being legal for road use is a pain but I had to have one anyway:-D
Its funny in the US there are lots but where I live I may never see another one.
How much do they sell for at Sam Winers?

derby

I will try and get you some measurements and pix to work from. Did you get the spool and filter assy.?
It might be a day or so but it looks like you will have the time.

derby

There was a guy a few years ago in Bangor Maine that had a few of M812 cab and chassis for sale. Prolly gone now, but you never know.

5tondeuce

I will try and get you some measurements and pix to work from. Did you get the spool and filter assy.?
It might be a day or so but it looks like you will have the time.
Thanks that would be fantastic. Ive got the spool but no filter assy and I am missing a few hard lines. And your right I have lots of time,HAHAHA
Thanks

5tondeuce

There was a guy a few years ago in Bangor Maine that had a few of M812 cab and chassis for sale. Prolly gone now, but you never know.
I bought this truck from a guy in Calais maine ,only 1 1/2 hours from bangor. I ask him if he knew of anyone that had parts and he said no. He used to have 3 or 4 trucks years ago but I got the last one and he has no parts left.
Thanks