• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m812 transmission air leak

armytruckdiesel

We had an air leak coming from the transmission gaskets located on top of the trans on the passenger side. We replaced the small gaskets which stopped that leak but now the vent between the two gaskets is always blowing air unless the tranny is in reverse. Is this normal? It's not enought air to really worry about draining your tanks down. My concern is when I get this unit D.O.T. inspected they will find an air leak. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Andy

acetomatoco

That is the shifter for the sprag...and needs to be rebuilt...o rings fail... at some point you will find yourself with the sprag in reverse and the tranny in first forward and that will not be pretty..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks