• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 from Ft Meade to Birmingham, AL

psolver1

Greeting All, I recently made my first GL purchase, a 79 M813A1. The EUC is at the Creek and as I have absolutely no experience with EUCs I'm just waiting. Meanwhile, I'm exploring transportation options. It's a running driver according to the posting and video, located at Fort Meade. I'm located around Birmingham, AL. I have no problems with driving for recovery, except the aspect of the unproven vehicle on a long very crowded route, especially D.C. which in this instance is very inconveniently placed. A thought crossed my mind that someone might be coming from the northeast on their way to pick up one of the Camp Shelby trucks and a load in either direction could be mutually advantageous. Since this is my first endeavor I am open to all input. Thank you all for your time and considerations.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
CARNAC MUST know something, It could be because GL descriptions are not ALWAYS 100% ACCURATE

I am just wondering if it is roadworthy.

It's amazing how evil minds work. (Que mad scientist laugh) Muuuuha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. Muuuuha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. Muuuuha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. Muuuuha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha. Muuuuha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Let's see, roadworthiness checked. Moved offbase by X. Linkup made with X. Moved to ATL or Rockmart. Payment for fuel, food, and hotel. The rest is up to the newb.

fasttruck

Earth to psolver1: please respond to above. Drop dead date for this opportunity is fast approaching. Arfe you in or out ?

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
I might be able to haul it, only if your on the way to Texas, ...northern AL..?
Whats your Zip...?
Kevin... 301.922.2009

Ps, I have a tractor and Trailer that will haul 45,000 + Dovetail with a winch. 3 axel.
Military auctions R us!....

psolver1

Thanks a Bunch

Thank you very much fasttruck. I'm glad we could help each other out.

We were able to get my M813 to the general vicinity of my home in AL from Ft Meade. Plus the wealth of knowledge that I picked up in just an hour or so of staying out of the way while it was loaded, was amazing. My friend on the receiving end of the transport also said it was great to have a chance to talk about these trucks with someone who knows them inside and out.

Again Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks