• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 has no lights working on the rear, help.

Blythewoodjoe

I could probably figure this out, but I have spent several hours working on the problem and I am hoping there is a common place to look for the problem. Here's the problem and what I know:

I have working head lights, front turn signals, and black out lights all over. I don't know about the brake lights because I have been working on this alone and no good way to KNOW they are not working.

NO rear turn signals or tail lights. Also no park lights on the front when the switch is placed in "park" setting.

I have tried two light switches from parts trucks and not change. It seems likely the switch is not the problem, but I don't know, that's why I ask. I have tried a couple of KNOWN working turn signal switches. No change. They where grounded OK because the little light on the switch worked. Also the front turn signals worked too with the extra switchs.

So here is the quesiton, is there a likely spot that would explain all these problems, other than the light switch? It could still be the light switch, but like I said, it seems unlikely that 3 switches could have the same problem, but it is possible. I could remove a KNOWN working switch from my working deuce, but I didn't want too unless someone thinks that is worth a try. Is there any way the brake light switch could keep the turn signals from working?

Thanks for any help guys,
Joe Trapp

PS. This the only problem left to fix before I can put this thing on the road. I'm really wanting to find this problem:evil:

dabtl

I follow the advice of cranetruck on lights: Clean the grounds. Replace the rusty bolts, nuts and star washers after cleaning the surfaces. Sounds more like bad grounds to me than any other source, also.

98hd

I dont' remember if this worked when working on mine or not, but you can try. Disconnect the plug to the turn signal switch and check for the 12v power. Then using the schematic from the TM jump to each turn signal to see if it works.

Should help narrow down the problem a little.

Blythewoodjoe

Well I found the problem. The brake peddle was catching the wires just below the firewall conection and had pulled 4 of them appart. I repaired them and now everything works except the left brake/turn light. More trouble shooting to follow, but not before it goes on ebay tommorrow ( I hope). Thanks for the input guys.

Joe Trapp

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks