• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 Pressure Plate

CloverFireCo

Ok, so we are nearly on the very top of the mountain fighting a brush fire and I start to get a squeaking noise when I push in the clutch, not good. Less than 5 minutes later I have no clutch at all. Remember this is on the top of the mountain, accessed by dirt roads with that we are pushing trees out of the way to keep going, the fire is burning, and we weren't leaving the truck behind to become a crispy critter, So I drove it down in first and got it home.

Well the throwout bearing is completely fried, friction plate looks thin, pressure plate looks great except for the fingers that the throwout chewed all apart.

After a bit of searching we have gotten a new friction plate, new throw out bearing (all free of charge, Thanks Mike!) but have been unable to find a new pressure plate.

Would anybody have a pressure plate that would fit a M813 w/ Cummings motor that they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price. It looks like the fingers would be replaceable if I could find some replacements, so that may be an option also.

It has been dry enough that the brush fires are starting up again, and at the moment our truck is a garage ornament, Help Please!!

Chris Kemmerling
Clover Fire Co.

CloverFireCo

Drove to Saturn Surplus today and picked up a new pressure plate for what I thought was a great price. Now all I need is the time to put her all back together again.

Thanks for all the help.

Chris