• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 pros and cons

R Racing

If you have it in low range it will move a mountain at lower speeds. But if your going for 40 and above they can be a bit slugish if your pulling a good load. There have been people on here who have added a turbo to them with not costing a fortune and good results.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as you understand that you have a power band the size of a hair, and that you will never go fast(>50mph) An 813 will take you to the moon and back at 5 MPG.

Westech

CPL
I get about 8 MPH in my M813A1... it will pull 50-55 MPH all day long and I cant even tell I have a 6k pound camper behind it. With 1400 tires it should do 55-60 all day. The engine has a Load of low end and will pull a house at 45 MPH.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're are not going to go anywhere fast in these trucks. BUT, you are going to look d@mn handsome doing it. They are designed and built for pulling/hauling heavy loads cross country. My short light-in-the-@$$ M818 does about 52-53mph @ 2100-2200rpms on the flat and level...downhill just a hair faster. Deadheaded I still tip the scale at close to 20k lbs. The gearing just will not allow for much higher speeds.

KsM715

If you want to pull a 5th wheel trailer you need a M818 not the M813.

Unless you pull the bed, bolt on a 5th wheel and hack off the frame just behind the wheels.

None of the 800 series have a turbo. They'll pull a house if you want them to, just not at highway speeds.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks