• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 question

cbvet

I'm sitting here anxiously awaiting my buddy's arrival, so we can go pick up the M813A1.
Not really knowing what I bought yesterday, I have a question.
Does this truck have an air shift transfer case, or is it a Sprag?
Eric
CBVET

emr

Read up on the sprag, the 5 tonners work real well, ive had one in a deuce for years that work just awesome but after years of real use its in need of work, but the 813 i have had in the woods up and down hills,and mud is just flawless, the deuce had querks, would go in on any turn up an incline,on dry roads , generarting just enough slip for it to engage, then in a straight line one must do the up 20 ft back 20 feet, for it to disengage, signs of a sprag in are wobbly steering, wear the outside treads off the front tires in 50 miles , a spongy reverse gear, meaning wants to jump out of reverse, ive never heard of the 5 ton having these problems, but since your not sure, remember this is a tactical truck not meant to fly down the highway, hope u dont mind my 2 cents, Randy

DMgunn

It really amazes me that they could build these trucks so tough, then build into them a design flaw (IMO) that allows them to break big time with one simple, very common event. I can think of countless times when I've sat at an intersection on a slight incline. Obviously, rolling backwards a bit in a forward gear is pretty hard to prevent sometimes.

This is the only reason I really worry about someone else driving my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks