• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 recovery in OH advice

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here’s the deal, I just won a GL auction for my first MV; a M813 from Wright Patterson. Problem is I am still stationed in Alaska and I need to get the truck to a family member in MI. I'll be keeping it there for awhile.

My initial plan was to do the recovery in December when I’m home on leave, but that timeline was based on my last EUC, and from the looks of it EUCs are moving faster than they were earlier this year. Combine that with the fact that this is my second, I might have to pick the beast up sooner than December.

My EUC is being processed now, I intend to register and title in Alaska, but I figured this would be a project to keep in Michigan until I PCS CONUS again. I thought this would be a fun project for my father and I, not to mention that fact that I’ve had the OD iron fever brewing for awhile now.

So, the options I see to have a contingency plan are to contact a shipping company to pick up my 813 and deliver it to 48160 in MI (about 180 mi), to contact the Wright-Pat GL and see if I can keep it there until about 20 DEC, or perhaps there is a SteelSoldiers member that could assist. I’d appreciate any ideas or advice members could offer.

Also, if there is anyone in the area or making a trip to Wright-Pat soon and would like to check out my 813 for me I’d be grateful. Yea, I bought sight unseen, but I couldn’t resist. I’m just looking for an idea of what if anything needs to be replaced, leaks stopped, etc to get it on the road for at least a short trip. Just a general overview of the condition it’s in, or an opinion if it could make the drive from Dayton, OH to Ann Arbor, MI. If you’re interested, shoot me a PM.

LoisHD

M813 pick up

Hey sigo!
Are you out there son? I have good news for you! Your M813 is reading for pick up. Best check your email and give me a shout.
Congrats !!!fat lady sings:beer:
LoisHD

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to all that offered support. I sent a few PMs in response.

If anyone has any other advice to offer, I'm all ears. Any mechanical tips, first upgrades to consider, super single rims and tire sources, tarp and bow sources, oil and fuel filter part numbers and sources, etc.

I've searched plenty, and I'm reading every M809 series thread I come across but I'm always looking for more. Thanks!