• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m813 Tachometer drive gear

seano11

And yes I read the tm's put the pics there are very unclear. I was wondering if someone could take a picture of how there tach cable connects to the injection pump for someone reason I keep breaking tachs and cummins is saying that I need some sort of adapter for the top of the tach drive? any help would be great AND once again I did read the tm's and can't find a good clear picture

seano11

Ok so if you get A total rebuild on your pump then you will need to go into a tach shop and ask to have a new tach cable built with the standard cummins key the one that is stock on the truck is normally used for gmc injection pumps and allison transmissions

markmontana

Earlier in this post there is the image of the tach cable connection. I have a truck with the cable directly connected. Of course the cable does not engage. So no tach. Cable spins freely.

Looking at other 5 tons there is a piece between the pump and the cable. See picture- it's the yellow piece. also has a couple wires. My truck has the connector that these white wires should connect to, just dangling.

What is this yellow adapter called? I need one! BTW- my M923 runs like a champ! Just want a tach.

Attachments

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Screenshot_2016-05-30-15-48-18.jpg

Tachometer drive adapter: NSN 6680-01-319-2354 P/N 12258931-3
Tip driver: NSN 5340-01-290-1738 P/N 12301264

I don't know if the M809 series had the adapter or tip driver since I don't have one. The M939s with the NHC250 have both. I'll take a guess and say that whether the adapter is used or not, the tip driver is still required. I'll know for sure when I have time to do away with my adapter in a couple of weeks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks