• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 VIN Help

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently picked up an USMC M813A1. Trying to register it but the USMC dataplate does not give the manufacture or year. Just the USMC# which I am presuming is the VIN. Can anyone tell the year from this?

The number is 579463 and is stenciled on the hood as well as stamped on the dataplate.

Thanks

Csm Davis

Recently picked up an USMC M813A1. Trying to register it but the USMC dataplate does not give the manufacture or year. Just the USMC# which I am presuming is the VIN. Can anyone tell the year from this?

The number is 579463 and is stenciled on the hood as well as stamped on the dataplate.

Thanks
Nope that number is a USMC number for truck and unit, but the vin should be stamped in the frame near the steering box, if I remember correctly it should start C13xxxxx.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the Cummins data plate for a year or maybe a build tag on the axles. If all else fails, pick your favorite 1970's year.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the Cummins data plate for a year or maybe a build tag on the axles. If all else fails, pick your favorite 1970's year.
The Cummins plate says 1987, so I am going to guess it is a replacement motor. Will look for the axles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks