• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 vs Armor, M813 wins!

M215

I was asked by the Virginia Muesum of Military Vehicles to asst in recovering a hull of a armored vehicle today. Basically I was needed to winch this thing out of a hole it's been sitting in for a long time. This piece of armor had been purchased about ten years ago by the muesum but for reasons it was not retrievable until now. After several attempts to winch it out the only result was sliding the 5 ton across the mud towards the armored car. A very large tree had grown into the side hatch and was holding on tight. The 5 ton was anchored to a tree by the rear hitch and the winch doubled through a snatch box, that was enough to set the armor free. After spinning the armor around with the winch it was loaded on to a very large roll-back for it's return to the muesum.
The vehicle is a proto type called a Dragoon, simular to a Cadillac-Gage V100
Enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

DanMartin

Woah..that's really cool. Look at the size of that tree! How long was that hull sitting there?

It would be great to follow up on this in a few years when that beast is restored...some great "before" pictures here. Hang on to them...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool save! Keep us posted on the restoration. There are only a couple Dragoons in private (or museum) hands, they are pretty rare. Quite a few SWAT teams have them in inventory, though.

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just put a verbal comitment to purchase this vehicle. Will do a resto log on it when I pick it up (after the snow and ice melts)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks