• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 W/W, 16.00-20s, & HEMTT RIMS

she looks real tuff w/ that set up. now you have to place one of those "danger-crushing hazard" stickers( like on a wheel loader) right above the rear axles in case someone were to fall in that small as& gap you got there.:grin:

dm22630

Thanks for all the compliments guys! :)

I will park a regular 5 ton on one side & regular deuce on the other side, so everyone can see just how big it is. The pics dont do it justice. lol

strosfla

I agree nice 5T...... we're on the same "MODS" plan..... I'm doing 16's and grabbing the Krylon Camo paint as well(debating ALL black if not Camo). I'm a little concerned though.... my rear rims are custom and I can't flip 'em like the HEMTT 's....... so any tips on flipping the rear hubs ? What was the main PITA ? The custom rims have a 14" backset (from inside rim to inner edge). So flipping the hubs isn't an option. Any tips would be appreciated....Thanks

Attachments

dm22630

The PITA was the weight of everything! I did it by myself w/no help.

To flip the hubs you will need :

Bottle Jack
Jackstands
Impact gun (500+ lbs torque)
1 1/2" 6 point deepwell impact socket
13/16" square drive impact socket
3/4" 6 point impact socket
4 3/8" 8 point axle nut socket (Amazon.com: OTC 1917 4-3/8"" 3/4"" Drive 8 Point Bearing Locknut Socket": Automotive)
4 7/8" 8 point axle nut socket (Amazon.com: OTC 1919 4-7/8"" 3/4"" Drive 8 Point Bearing Locknut Socket": Automotive)
2' long 3/4" drive breaker bar or ratchet
Thin stainless steel or aluminum wire (to rewire the 10 bolts that hold the hub & drum together)
High temp wheel bearing grease (8-10 tubes)
High temp RTV sealant
Engine hoist (or someone else to help you)

Here is how to do it on a deuce.....but it is supersized w/a 5 ton ---> M35 DUALS TO SINGLES CONVERSION

Good Luck!

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice Job Danial,
Looks great!..Its a lot of work!...Dont take it for granted!..When you start , you have to finish it!..
What about the power and gears with the bigger tire!?..These Tires killed my M923..!..
Feel slike im starting out in 2nd gear !..Slooooowwww.....Once im moving its ok..Thats about it..The M923 weighs a little more with the same engine...Plus I have a 5 speed Allison...I will post some pics soon..
Kevin..

dm22630

Nice Job Danial,
Looks great!..Its a lot of work!...Dont take it for granted!..When you start , you have to finish it!..
What about the power and gears with the bigger tire!?..These Tires killed my M923..!..
Feel slike im starting out in 2nd gear !..Slooooowwww.....Once im moving its ok..Thats about it..The M923 weighs a little more with the same engine...Plus I have a 5 speed Allison...I will post some pics soon..
Kevin..

This 813 runs like a bat out of h*ll. The larger tires didnt hurt the power at all & I have only had to downshift a couple times going up steeeeeep hills.

At redline before (2300 rpms or so) it would go about 57-58mph......now 58mph is 1700 rpms. :mrgreen:

Not all 5 tons run the same....so anyone that is considering doing this....should really do it to a "strong runner".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks