• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m813 winch question

acetomatoco

The PTO runs off the tranny..so, if you can get the particular shaft (i believe it is the countershaft) in the tranny to rotate in Neutral you may be able to winch...remember that the winch has two forward and one reverse gears within itself...and two neutrals...If your clutch is bad...another reason for no move...the front shaft of the tranny will not turn and you will not winch....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another consideration is if there is something cooked in the tranny, are there parts floating around? The PTO is low in the oil so any metal floating around could end up in the PTO. Food for thought.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i would get a better idea if what is broken first. if your dead in the water what could you want to winch? maybe you need to move your truck using the winch, my luck is that i would tear up everything else and still not move the truck .02c Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks