• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 WW for $1640

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some times it pays to live in out of the way places, I started watching a Forestry auction on GSA a couple of days ago, the yard is about 80 miles from my cabin. The prices were low then under a grand, but i expected the snipers to show up the last hour or so? They never did, I won the 813 with winch for $1640 and with GSA I get a free title no tax and no fee! There was a really nice M51A1 with winch but I blew my money on the bird in the hand.

Attachments

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to beat that for a solid running 813 w/w. What's the scrap value these days? I'm NOT advocating scrapping it, but if you got it for less than scrap value...:beer:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I was worried about, I just wanted a parts truck but from what I have seen in the area the 813 even without a bed should run at least 8 tons and that's about $2 K from what the junk yard guy told me. So I am amazed it and the two other 813s went from hundreds less than scrap value. This one was a steal for me, it has a complete winch setup and the tires aren't too bad. Only thing is it may be in too good a shape for parts?

SPCWarning

I was watching that one and the others since I work in/around Searcy now. Only problem is, (well, besides the lack of MV funds right now) is I only have a 3/4 ton service truck when I'm in Arkansas that wouldn't pull anything like that to MS.:(
Congrats on a good deal!
Jimmy

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will let you make a pretty good inspection of the vehicles, they are all turn ins from local rural fire stations, the name is on the side give them a call, most were in regular service prior to being turned in. A little tlc and you can drive it home, I drove my 813 from a little north of Shelby (Mt.Olive) to NW Arkansas no problems.
I plan on tow baring this one home since I can drive the back roads most of the way to the cabin, but I will check it out for driving first.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I now wish I had spent the $1600 for the M51A1 with winch as well, both looks completed and I really need a parts truck for my M543! Maybe next auction?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not too loud, we are trying to keep Arkansas a secret! I still get surprised looks on plant tours: Concrete floors and no chickens in the plant?

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, I resemble that! Looks like recover may be Friday, GSA guy was not too friendly, old guy is gone! Now nothing runs and he doesn't know anything about anything! May have to break out the tow bar after all, but it won't be the first time!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks