• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813A1 brake fluid quantity

JungleBiker

Okay, so I spent a few hours poring over my -10, -20, and -34 TM's and couldn't find this info, then I tried Google, couldn't find it, then I spent a couple more hours using the search feature here and still have not found the answer to this question:

How much DOT 5 brake fluid do I need for my M813A1 if I plan to flush the system?

We recently had to replace some brake lines and wouldn't you know it, there is no DOT 5 available in this country, so I'm ordering some from the US, (about $55/gallon, free shipping from Amazon, I did find that tip on here), so I've ordered 2 gallons of it, but how much will I really need for flushing the system? I need to have at least some of the fluid shipped here quickly, but if I only need 1 gallon, then I'll have the other one shipped by sea freight and save a little wampum that way.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate how helpful you guys are.

Last edited:

R Racing

Gimpy is right. But I would buy a gallon because you wont go wrong by having extra :-D I just did a M816 and it was just at or a little over 3 quarts.

Wolf.Dose

A gallon should be enough to do the job with some spare for unexpected trouble. DOT 4 or DOT 5 is fine, however DOT 5 is to modern for the truck.
However, I would rebuild all wheel cylinders before as well as the master cylinder befor I would do it. That avoids brake problems for a longer time.
Wolf

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks