• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M814 Extended Cargo Body?

1943ht

ALCON: Promised Papa Bear that I would post some photos of an extended Cargo Bed (Heil Manufacturing with a date of 11-20-91) that we came across and recovered when we were recovering a M17 Trailer ... Lots of dissension in the ranks on whether this is an extended Deuce bed or a 5 Ton bed (M814) with several six-packs riding on the outcome!
Any input from SS members would be helpful and most appreciated:beer:

Attachments

1943ht

Outstanding .. That's what I thought!! Looks like Troy and Marvin owe this old war-dog a few six-packs of Guiness :jumpin: .. On a personal note, in all my years serving the machine, I have never seen a M814 .. Are they a rare vehicle?

jh1990

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Outstanding job 1943halftrack...just a few days slow and in the wrong thread...but what the heck!!! LOL...(Just bustin yer chops Sir)

I got to thinking about that BII box as well and the M55 on the data plate. Given my limited knowledge (read none) about long beds...I agree with the pre-809 series.

So...Marvin and Doc owes us ALL some 6 packs....that will make our bill for the GA Rally much cheaper this year!!!:jumpin::beer::beer:

jasonjc

The M36 AKA deuce long bed has the drop side on the pass side only.

The M55 is the long bed of the M39 series (G-744) Gasser. Some of the pic of these truck I've seen have the low box under the left front for bow storage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks