• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 5 Ton Medium Wrecker

AMGeneral

M816 5 Ton medium wrecker

Boy that was a long day!!!!I must note that I had the hook in the wiffle tree backwards on that lift,the hook throat should face to the rear.I agree with everyone else the 816 is a indispenseable truck (I couldn't survive without mine.)

AMGeneral

CGarbee

RE: M816 5 Ton medium wrecker

I amost bid on a M62 wrecker this past weekend that was in FD service and was very complete.... Just a tad too much and a tad too far... Got to say that I was truly impressed by the performance of that M816 on the convoy... I think we ended up with it getting used three times during the trip in recovery mode (I don't know how much it was used at the rally as a crane...).
If you troll around my site, you will see photos of both ends of the towbar, both from the tow being referenced and from some shots that I have of my using one to move stuff around the area behind either the M37 or my M35A2C.

It was a long day...

2deuce

RE: M816 5 Ton medium wrecker

I will check out your site for sure.
There is a M62 on GSA in MA. Ends 7/18 that has very low bid right now, if it nots too far.

dmetalmiki

nice truck

It should be bought. no one mentioned the vise on front bumber. NICE! when I collected my M62 the skanking sod that sold it me had REMOVED the vise!!!now I found an orriginal one which I collect next week.(hard to find) as the orriginals have a ROUND rear stock??

I cant post pics as my main computer is bust! but pics of my wrecker CAN be viewed in picture gallery deks collection. and yes..now I have one I would not be without it. How fortunate can one be?? well a LOT..mine has a 5ton multifuel engine with a WHISTLING turbo..does have "extra" recovery kit (holmes) wich I decided NOT to remove. I have ALL the kit and caboodle (bars clamps chains adaptors etc) in NEW orriginal boxes. on rear. Welding bottles U.S. size! OH..and a further benifit of the 465 engine? ALL the fuel I can use..FREE! (contam!)

citizensoldier

I concure

I agree, once you have one you dont know how you got by without it! That wrecker looks good to me and the price seems very good.. Its British pounds right? So in US dollars that would be about 30k wouldnt it? :shock: Our mighty dollar has hit the bottom..
Did I mention I need a wiffle tree too. Anybody have one for sale?
Always had a soft spot for heavy hookers.. Both kinds :roll:

Attachments

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oops - yes. I was working off of two screens and hadn't, at the time, posted the new thread!

See edit, or "New Posts".

Thanks nf6x for the cross check.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks