• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 air lines

EO2NMCB

My m816 is missing some air lines at the winch/wrecker controls at the rear of the truck. Fig 387 of the 34p-2 is not the best of where they run to. Does any one have any pic's of where of where the lines are running to?

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having trouble following your references; 24P - 2 has a fig 387 but not relevant and 34 - 2 doesn't list fig's......? However -

816 winch air.jpgThere are two controls there #'s 8 and 11 (from the -10 TM, page 2-120)

One is for the clutch (engine -transmission) the other is for the rear winch cable tensioner over on the opposite side from the controls.

Hope this isn't a "derr" statement.

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is ONE air supply, it tees , one line goes to the clutch control, from hear the line goes to the clutch control air pot that is on the right side of the bell housing, the other line goes to the rear winch tensioner control then to the tensioner.

EO2NMCB

I have Air to the tee, but was missing both lines from there . So on the clutch disengage Johnny bar, does it matter which side is the air input? And if I'm understanding correctly the other line off the tee goes to the winch tensioner, The output from the wench tensioner then goes to the brake chamber looking pot on the passenger side by the winch?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have Air to the tee, but was missing both lines from there . So on the clutch disengage Johnny bar, does it matter which side is the air input? And if I'm understanding correctly the other line off the tee goes to the winch tensioner, The output from the wench tensioner then goes to the brake chamber looking pot on the passenger side by the winch?
Yes on the tensioner, either side should work for the clutch, if there is a issue, switch the lines.