• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 equipment storage?

5tondeuce

Hey guys,
Does anyone have good pics of all the equipment stored in the back of the M816 such as tow bars, the long stabilizer legs etc. The wrecker I have is missing most of the equipment that comes with them and I have been collecting some of it, and wondering how it is stored or is it just thrown in the back.
Thanks very much
Chris

KsM715

Sorry, I mis-read what you were asking for. Although the TM does show where everything is stored, all the wreckers I ever saw in service just had stuff tossed in where ever it was convienent. Alot of them had shop built brackets on top of the boom for the spades.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have frequently seen the tow bar simply laid out on the back deck on the side by the boom operator's controls. I am not sure if this is the "standard" storage location or not, but I've seen the tow bar there on several trucks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sorry, I mis-read what you were asking for. Although the TM does show where everything is stored, all the wreckers I ever saw in service just had stuff tossed in where ever it was convienent. Alot of them had shop built brackets on top of the boom for the spades.[/QUOTE]

This is OEM,
In vietnam, we got rid of anything in the BII that was not used, then add stuff that was thought to be needed being BII or not, and was put where ever, every truck and wrecker was different, all depended on the driver and crew, so unless you are trying to do a show quality #1 restored wrecker instead of everyday use, DO NOT WORRY about where to place stuff, place it so it is easy to get to and use, in another words CREW FRIENDLY

Last edited:

Welder Sam

Crew friendly. Now that makes sense to me. Thanks op for the thread and thanks to the contributors.
On the one ive claimed, the spades are simply laid on the passenger side bed floor.

Do u guys have any knowledge of how common the tarped wreckers were? A bit of protection from the elements in my mind

Last edited:

5tondeuce

Thanks guys for all the replies, lots of good info here,I am not triing to do a show quality job by any means but just wanted a rough idea where the big stuff goes. I found the info in the TM and it shows all the tools and where they go.Thanks again
Chris

5tondeuce

Not that i can upload. Email me with what u need and ill send them to u. However, theres alot of 543 pics in another thread. Same bed as i understand it.
Thanks but I am all straightened away ,got what I needed from the "free military manuals" sight
I was just interested in looking at your new ride thats all!

Last edited:

budman67

Hey guys,I had the TM for the wrecker,but somehow I lost the folder
from my computer with all my TM's for radios and vehicles.
Searching the internet was all over the place and not the exact TM,
could someone tell me the TM number so I can re download it?

Thanks

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
if you can not find in the resources try here

You can find the TMs here
UPDATED LIST
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JATONKAM35s HOME ON THE WEB
OR
Free Military Army Manuals!
OR
Former Military Vehicle Owners - Index
OR
ARMY 6X6: SERVICE MANUALS
OR
MilitaryTrucks.ca Website - M135 --Canadian trucks
OR
america1 --------------------------------Military Radios
OR
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/ind...5fb95459e-A3015A99-D14A-19E1-238F1793FB3D9566
This is the mil. TM web site,
--says bad cert., click to go anyway,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks