• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 from AL to AZ

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moving a M816 wrecker from [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Redstone Arsenal, AL[/SIZE][/FONT] to either Tempe, AZ or Casa Grande, AZ. Probably around the end of January. Any ideas what I should expect as far as pricing?

How long the trip takes is not important. As I understand it, a straight shot trip would be considerably more expensive than moving it a bit at a time using trucks on return trips and so on.

I know about uship.com, but have never used it myself. Any pointers?

Basically looking for any advice anybody has to offer.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
with the weight of that truck most can not or dont want to haul. takes a good trailer with a real good loading ramp :roll:

area52

I moved my M816 from Barstow CA to Aztec NM with a bid from Uship. The guy used a RGN (removable gooseneck) trailer and for 770 miles it was about $1500.

Good luck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are tractor trailers delivering to Redstone GL almost daily.
I would try to find one that wants a backhaul out that way.
They have a ramp at Redstone so it could be loaded onto a regular stepdeck as opposed to a RGN.
They have a huge front end loader that could push it up on the trailer.
If you need someone to run interfence for you send me a PM. I have worked with Teresa up there a lot.

Alredneck

Banned
I got to get out to AZ to pick up mu dumpster from FT Hauchuca but thats a lil heavy for my truck n trailer. Let me think, will post back!

redcatcher06

I haul these types of vehicles and an average price is $1.80-2.00 a mile. If you use u-ship 20% of the bids you get are paid to u-ship for broker fees. Call me direct and check out my profile. 910-263-2788 24/7

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks