• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 front axle engaged

since my 1976 AM General M816 was abused during Hollywood filming the lines were cut to the transfer case where the front drive shaft bolts on. before I bolted the front driveshaft back on I used the air hose from the shop to see if air engages the front drive shaft which is did sort of because the air was not hooked directly( I was just using the blow nozzle in the hole). I hook up an air line to a valve on the trucks air tank and went for a drive. of course I got stuck in the snow and the front wheels did not even attempt to spin. but I did back out from being stuck with no problems. does the top air line which I think is a breather have to be hooked up too???

thansk

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The transfer case air cylinder has two air lines going to it. Where you have the new Synflex air line hooked up to it now and adding air it would be reverse sprag. The top line or other line is forward sprag. You need to get the poppet valve working as you should not be in forward sprag going in reverse or reverse with forward sprag in gaged. When the poppets are working correct and switching directions the air is allowed to escape from one side or the other air cylinder by way of the vent between the two poppet vlaves.

Last edited:
The transfer case air cylinder has two air lines going to it. Where you have the new Synflex air line hooked up to it now and adding air it would be reverse sprag. The top line or other line is forward sprag. You need to get the poppet valve working as you should not be in forward sprag going in reverse or reverse with forward sprag in gaged. When the poppets are working correct and switching directions the air is allowed to escape from one side or the other air cylinder by way of the vent between the two poppet vlaves.
thank you, it is starting to make sense now. I wish the truck was not stripped during Hollywood Filming.

thansk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks