• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 hydraulic issue

ijchan223

Hi i am having a issue with a few M816 wreckers where the hydraulic pump isn't turning. Is there a key of a shear pin in the box between the pump and the shaft that turns the box. If there is one how do i get to it? There doesn't appear to have any place to access or remove the box from underneath the truck.

ijchan223

After pulling the pump off i found the problem. it appears that rubber fitting under the motor gave out and melted.

Csm Davis

Okay glad you found your problem but there is a key in a shaft that can and often does fail to save the rest. It is inside the round steel tube between the splitter and the CV joint. Where in Mississippi are you?

dreameweaver

If all is engaged right the shaft will be spinning. Under the wrecker body there is a main shaft that runs up at a very sharp angle. Engage the crane from the rear controls and you should hear it run once the clutch is released. The shaft under the body is a CV joint style.

area52

yea,my shaft is spinning. TM says to lift the boom up out of the way to pull the hydraulic pump but I have no way to lift my boom. Anyone pulled the pump without lifting the boom up?

Csm Davis

yea,my shaft is spinning. TM says to lift the boom up out of the way to pull the hydraulic pump but I have no way to lift my boom. Anyone pulled the pump without lifting the boom up?
Do you have the outrigger legs for the boom? If so you can use them or the travel braces to hold it up once you get the boom lifted. You may need to call a wrecker to lift it but if you are crafty you should be able to use your rear winch to lift it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks