• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Hydraulic leak

halftrack

OK,

Here's the deal. I have a hydraulic leak (bad, 1 week and the whole reservoir is drained) coming somewhere from the center of the turn table. When I look under the truck everyting is wet or damp with hydraulic oil so it is hard to pin point anyone spot. I want to say that it looks like it is coming from the little gear box under the turntable where the pto shaft goes, however I don't believe this is directly in contact with the hydraulic oil in the center hydraulic pump thats above it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it might be? Its not the hoses and not the hydrualic rams on the boom for sure. I had to replace that coupling in the center before, but I didn't think that is filled with oil.

Attachments

devilman96

I would suggest cleaning it up and possiable getting your hands on some hyd dye to be used at a heavy rate in the system. Spend the better part of the day checking and re checking when you add it... This will narrow down the issue... Being that your leak is static you can also try pressurizing the tank with air and watching... This will get some flow going to actually "see".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks