• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816: something is different...

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got some new pics from down under. Quiz: What's up with the headlights?

Phil's truck 2.jpg
... don't let the lack of 'level wind' distract your attention!

There may be other "spot the differences" pics later.
NB. I do know the answer.

Last edited:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They lifted the nose of the hood plus grille about two inches; probably for a taller radiator/engine. Similar to the M35A3-solution...

G.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That didn't take long...
Congrats Ron - you win.

Front of the hood was raised as were the legs of the grille and associated support brackets. New engine cover sides were pressed with hardware transfered over. From what I can remember from the tale - the tinwork was all done in one overnight shift so the C/O didn't realise the extent of the project. If Phil is still a subscriber, he can confirm details.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks