• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816

desert demon

A friend and I got us this M816.I have an M35A2 Bobber and he has a full size M35A2.We got the M816 for or own recovery with our toys but have been wondering if other folks with wreckers are making any money with them and what kind of work is to be had with these rigs?I have been in transportation field in the MARINES,Army Reserves,and civilian life for over 25 years and have worked with and around this type of equipment and my friend has as well been around this type of truck for a long time to so we know how it works.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I have used mine to extract and trackhoe that you could not see the tracks and right up to the turntable. Could have been a $1000.00 price tag on that one but they are friends of the Family.

Artisan

There is a very large towing firm close to me that owns 4 similar wreckers.
They painted " ROTATOR" on the boom of all of them and I am sure that is so they
can charge the same money that they would for a huge "rotator". I heard one
recovery from over the rail down a hillside is an easy $5,000.00 billed to the
insured's insurance company and they keep the wreck and charge storage to boot~!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I owned my M816 (it had a Farm Tag on it) and called about insurance with Progressive I was told they would insure it as a "Boom Truck" only and that if I towed anything other than a pintle hitch trailer with it they would not pay a claim even if I was towing my own toys. If you are going to tow on public roads using a wrecker type vehicle you will have to have commercial tow insurance and it will not be cheap. Do not lie about your intentions about what you're going to do with the vehicle. Insurance companies have more lawyers than you do. Your mileage may vary.

desert demon

Thanks for the responses :) So just thinking :whistle: Insure as a BOOM TRUCK,tow a nice trailer with the BOOM TRUCK :whistle: Use the BOOM on the BOOM TRUCK to put any carnage the BOOM on the BOOM TRUCK would pic up on the TRAILER?????? :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks