• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 at home

CGarbee

Let's see if I can get a couple photos of the M817 sitting in the driveway to post. Photos taken durring the trip to Ohio to get the truck will have to wait on the film to be developed, but I found the digital camera yesterday (sitting under the Mule where I had been taking photos of some work I was doing to it...).

Parts that I need that I don't have on the shelf for it are a new J-pipe (muffler to verticle stack), a starter switch (the "off, run, on" switch mounted to the left of the steering column), and a brake lite switch.

I've got to fix the adjuster on the driver's seat... The WV Turnpike was not kind to my back on the ride home...

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'll tell you what, towing that with the 109 was interesting! Would you believe 17mph up hills? One of the hills on the back roads we had to use low range, 1st gear to make it up. :) I wish I was able to make it up and see her fire. Glad you got home safe!

CGarbee

I really wish you had some photos of that tow from the GL lot... Must have been some sight! The stream of rusty snot out of the pipe when she cranked up was a photo we all wish we had. :)

I've got a tag trailer for it. Now, I just need to get the XM708 dump fixed up so that the big one can haul the little one around (you never know what size dump you need to take...).

Attachments

M1.30-'06

Looks good. What are your future plans for it? Do you plan on going with a larger tire or super singles?

If you dont mind, what did you pay for it from GL?

CGarbee

It is going to work for a living.
It will keep the stock size tires, but they may change from bias NDT to radial XL...
I'm not going to say but the real question isn't how much I paid GL for it, but how much I will have in it before it starts earning it's keep...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great truck Cabell, should be useful. After the 757 everything suddenly looks so heavy.....
Have you tested the dump bed yet or did I miss something again?

CGarbee

Just getting back to this thread... Dump bed doesn't want to raise up right now. I think it's because I can't get the control lever to move down into the "raise" positon. I can get it to go into "down", but not into "hold" or "raise". I'm planning on pulling the dump control box apart this weekend and will see if the grease inside is frozen solid... Everything in the linkages looks good, so I'm hoping that the box is having a bad time (Charles at M-Series told me it was a common problem with the trucks that he has worked upon...).

PTO and the driveshafts up to the hydraulic pump all look good.

The Injector pump is at a local shop getting rebuilt. When I mentioned the inability to idle worth a dang, and the fact that it ran just fine over 1500rpm, but like a dog below that with no throttle response, they nodded heads and started to tell me what part inside would be worn out... :) They are good guys who have done more than one pump for me over the years and also handle the ones for the local Guard unit...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks