• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m817 bobber

Armada

Well, can't see much in the picture, but my question is 'why'? Looks like you started with an Albany truck. Post a pic of the finished product when you're done. I've never seen a bobbed tipper. Since it's now minus an axle, and I need a combat wheel and super single for a spare, would you be interested in parting with one?

Travis89xj

Its no longer a tipper. I removed the rams and all, but in hind sight maybe I should have tried for keeping it a tipper bobber. I guess maybe the title is incorrect.

Im going to pick up my cab cover from the post office today I got from Clintogf :D

Hope to have the pictures later this afternoon

Travis89xj

Oh a yes it is an albany truck lol. As for why I figured I would give it a shot. I have 3 of them so I wanted to see a 5 ton bobber in person :driver:.

I havent driven it much as a bobber yet just around the yard so Im not sure I like it yet or not but I will post up once I take it for a long drive

Yeah I should have an extra, one of my trucks it a parts truck and it has singles too. Im not sure how far you are.

Hey gimpy is that for just a rim, or rim and tire?

Last edited:

Travis89xj

I can give him a tow if he needs it lol. I just finished spraying it a couple days ago. Thats whats nice about flat black just carry a can in the truck and if you get a big one fix it on spot

jollyroger

I am happy you are happy.

On a side note I waited 15 years to finally get my M817 and you cut one up and bobbed it........I'm not bashing you. Don't get me wrong. I am happy with you that you got what you want. And I know that cutting up any of these trucks is a "sin" in some peoples minds. I'm just starting to think that M-817's are not worth much anymore. Heck I don't know. Drive it like you stole it and put up a bunch of pics please.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nicely done.
I like the tan on black also.

5 ton springs in the rear?
If so does it really bounce when you hit the potholes?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks