• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 Dump with no brakes

drjconley

I purchased an M817 a few years ago and I am finally getting around to fixing it. It had no brakes when I picked it up from GL. It runs good and makes air pressure, but the brake pedal goes to the floor. I have added fluid to it, but I still get no pressure on the pedal. Is there something specific I should be looking for that is commonly done to disable the brakes? I have not bled the brakes, and I haven't noticed any fluid leaking. As always I appreciate all the help provided by the members on Steel Soldiers.

Thank You,
Jim

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bleed them starting with the airpack. Then look for leaks. It might be a leaking wheel cylinder, bad master cylinder, or airpack. (or bad line). Brakes are pretty simple. I'd also build a brake bleeder.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks