• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 from Barstow, Military disabled brakes

drjconley

I just got my third 5 ton yesterday. I have been haveing a great time playing with and useing them.

The most recent one is a M817 that I picked up from Barstow. It is in good shape minus any brakes includeing the parking brake. Tim from GL told me that all of the trucks that they had at the time that I purchased mine had the brakes intentionally disabled by the military.

Why would they do that?

Has anyone figured out the SOP for the military to disable the brakeing system?

I am sure I could figure it out, but it would be great to have an idea where to start.

Thank you,
Jim

M817
M813
M62A2
MEP003

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that doesn't go against the motto"Safety First", then I don't know what does. I do not see the logic in disabling the brakes:confused:. You would think they would want to keep the trucks from rolling away. Its like having a yard full of huge roller skates.

drjconley

The GL rep said the military disabled the brakes to keep anyone from useing them. There were about 7 dump trucks up at the same time. All of them had the same thing done to them. I had to unload it from the trailer up hill and then I quickly got a tow bar on it so I could safely move it. I would think there would be easier and safer ways to keep soldiers from useing the trucks.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks