• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817: Starting issues, no prime, at wits end!

coxoncall

Check the emergency stop arm and make sure it's all the way open. I know when I pull mine, I sometimes have to reset it manually on the ip.
can you provide a picture or an arrow on the picture I attached? the lever in the picture is full forward. we installed extra cable to keep the lever in the forward position until the emergency stop is pulled at least 1/4 out.

dezert ratt

Sounds like you have the emergency stop worked out. What seems weird is the white smoke. Wouldn't that be unburned fuel? The fuel cutoff solenoid could be faulty also.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Resetting the emergency cut off(-10), wiring(-20), and troubleshooting(cranks won't start)(-20)are all covered in the TMs.

Your home-made cutoff return, may be your issue. Try disconnecting it and moving the valve a little at a time.

Did you get it primed?

coxoncall

Resetting the emergency cut off(-10), wiring(-20), and troubleshooting(cranks won't start)(-20)are all covered in the TMs.

Your home-made cutoff return, may be your issue. Try disconnecting it and moving the valve a little at a time.

Did you get it primed?
The truck is primed ( i have pressure read out on the gauge)

When this nasty weather passes I will disconnect the cable and implement your fix doghead.

On the emergency lever, There is the long arm and a smaller silver color piece directly behind it. (See attached Picture) 2013-12-18 14.05.43.jpgis the silver piece the lever that needs to be moved full forward or any kind of adjusting?

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the silver part needs to be forward as well.

You could remove the fuel line and look fown into the valve, to confirm it is open.

One other thing you could do is, try manually overriding the shutoff solenoid. There is a knurled knob on the front. This too is in the TM. You only do this if your trying to pull start a dead(battery) truck, of you have a bad shut off solenoid.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had that peice go bad where the silver lever moves but it lost it's bite on the rod. check to make shure the rod that goes through the emergency shut down is moving and not slipping like mine.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks