• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817

KORNDOG

Hello everyone, new guy here, just thought I would break in the 5ton area.

Bid on this truck in early January, from Little Falls MN. Took almost 60 days for a EUC. Then had the truck picked up by RAYS body shop in Little Falls. They checked it over since I thought I was going to drive the thing home, and found the dump cylinders were missing. After installing cylinders and a tailgate, during testing, the water pump started leaking. They replaced that also. Got to RAYS on Friday before Memorial day, and decided to have it delivered rather than get busted for not having license plates yet (had insurance was hoping for a temp plate after applying for HMV). Tow truck from RAYS broke a front alcoa on the way which delayed delivery until Memorial day late evening. Got to drive the truck to destination after filling one tank while attached to wrecker. This thing is a blast to drive! Crawled through the woods just fine, never even engaged the front axle. Found original safety manual from 1972 and 1985 operators manual in real good shape in the glove box.

Attachments

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI the transfer case engages automatically to drive the front axle on these 5 tons, you probably wouldn't even have noticed it if it is working properly.

KORNDOG

Thanks,

Got a hard copy of the operation manual with the truck, so I should read that.
There was a sweet safety manual dated 1973, which has all kinds of funny cartoons in it . I could post some stuff if it isn't classified....?

Did you register yours in IL or WI? WI seems to think these are dangerous.

I didn't notice anything engaging, but really wasn't pushing my luck either.

I REALLY like your S-10!!![thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks