• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 cold start

h1x2

Hey guys

Somewhat new to this forum and I'm still getting use to it. I tried some searches but I apologize if this is a repeat...

Bought my 5 ton straight out of a government rebuild. The cold start worked pretty good. I made the mistake of leaving it on for maybe a half hour and now it's not working. I'm trying to figure out what I burned up. The red light comes on still but it now goes real dim.

I also saw a cross reference for a block heater from napa that I'm going to install. Where on the block does that get installed? Right or left side?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Grant

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cold start glowplug is a 12v unit wired to only one battery. You probably have one drained battery.

Use a volt meter and check all 4 batteries.

Charge the dead battery.

Standard block heaters for NHC-250 motors,replace one of the water jacket covers on the passenger side.

h1x2

The cold start glowplug is a 12v unit wired to only one battery. You probably have one drained battery.

Use a volt meter and check all 4 batteries.

Charge the dead battery.

Standard block heaters for NHC-250 motors,replace one of the water jacket covers on the passenger side.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks