• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Exhaust Elbow and Alternator

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I know this may have come up before but where can I get a replacement elbow for the truck? I have not had it long enough to decide if I can just weld in a patch or should try to replace it due to a rusted hole in the bend of the pipe.

I also need to fix the alternator since it did not charge at all on our trip up from Louisiana and just wanted to know if it is different than a duece alternator and if it is rebuildable if it is not like a duece one.

I hope to also pick up a 24 volt charger to keep the batteries up before the winter sets in and freezes them.

papercu

elbow

I've been looking for the elbow ever since I've had my M816, only found one and the shipping was too much. If you can weld I would do that.
If you do weld, leave a hole for the water to drain or get a flapper or you will have it to do again.
A shop should able to fix the alternator. Good luck, Wayne

reuben

I have a hole in the same place, plan on hammering out a piece of sheet metal to fit and welding. a bit thin but not hard to do with a bit of welding experience. probably could hammer one to fit and screw it on if ya hate welding.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks