• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m818 from Ferros place in SC to West TN

davidkroberts

well coelkhunter and i are going to grab my M818 tomorrow from adam (Ferroequinologist) in central south carolina to my place in dyersburg tennessee. would be nice to know of members along the route incase we have any issues. We will be bringing a 1031 with a medium towbar but its going to be too big to pull very far that way. maybe to the next exit. Im not expecting any problems but you never know.

Winnsboro, SC to Dyersburg, TN - Google Maps

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm a little far off the beaten path but bringing the M1031 is the right thing to do. Great support vehicle and parts fetcher for your endeavor. I think the concensus of this board is that pics will be required.

davidkroberts

pics will be taken and a full trip after action will be given.... i just hope its a short boring one kinda like we left stopped for fuel and food and pulled in the house.... if i can only be so lucky...

Chief_919

You are going right past my house and my store.

If you pass by during business hours swing off at Exit 37, head west on HWY 19/23 that is right there at the exit running next to I-40, and you will pass through Canton NC then come to Clyde NC- stop by the shop and say hi and have some coffe. Can't miss us, its a military surplus store right across the street from a WWII 3"-50 Naval gun mounted as a memorial.

Then you can hop right back on I-40 at exit 27 and not miss anything.

I will IM you my cell # in case you need anything.

davidkroberts

well looks like we are going to be leaving here friday morning. Coelkhunter did the "boo hoo my wife might miss me thing"....... again.....lol

So all is well just bumped up a day...... again

treessw

YUP! I am right off of I-40. Exit 182. You guys need anything let me know. I work in Nashville and all over so I am always on the go but always local and mobile, but if you guys need anything feel free to give me a shout.

Right off the exit is a dunkin donut, Flying hook (J) and a Denny's. be glad to meet you guys there if you need anything or just a cup of coffee and some B.S.ing time.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks