• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 on 16.00s, what color wheels?

Wheel color

• Black

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Green

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters

buzzinhalfdozzen

Still kicking around how I want to mount the spare.

I know black is correct, I just think green might not look too bad. Don't think I've seen one with green wheels

indy4x4fab

Banned
I say go O.D. green mine are going to be painted Rustolem profitional flat black (it really looks like satin black after it dries), I've used it on many wheels for many years and it looks and holds up great threw all weather.

How did You do the front wheels, meaning the studs, did you change them out for longer ones? Or did you use a special lug nut?

On the spear tire deal I'm putting a shorten deuce bed on my 818 so am going to elemnate the air hoses and trailer light plug behind the cab, scoot the backing or stop plate back to agaist my double stacked storage boxes and rebolt with a couple wider tire guides and try and reuse the stock spare tire location, but keep it still sucked in tight enough to not reach out and grab everything on the trail.

Last edited:

powerhouseduece

Indy, I've been running 1/4" longer budd caps and lug nuts on my 818 for 2 years now with no issues. I went to fleet pride and bought all new caps and nuts, lots of antiseze on both. I've beat the ever living pee-pee out of the truck and never had any come loose.

Hammer

I love mine black. It just has the right look.
On a couple deuces I had before, one had OD green rims, and another all flat black. The black rims 'just look right' to me.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Black.

Whatever you do, DON'T CAMO THE RIMS! When the truck rolls, the rolling wheels' camo pattern will attract your eyes, not camo the wheels.