• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 opinion needed: Quarter fenders or not?

998Junkie

If you go with bigger rubber then loose them. If you are going to keep it on the street and you like it better without then loose them.

Going to go where you might throw rocks...then I'd keep'em.

Would a rear blow out throw enough tread that it could open the tank up? If so I'd keep'em.

Truck looks good by the way.:smile:

Hammer

Looks wise, without.
Functionality wise, with.

And like said, with bigger tires you need to take them off or relocate them anyways.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I like them , id add a quarter fender rubber flap like on semi trucks to cover up some of the open gap between the quarter fenders and the bed. I like the mud flaps in the back alot! Im toying with the idea to weld the back bed drop down like on the 813's and 814's to a Duece bed if I add one to my M818 so there isnt a large gap or open area in the back. Wil look alot more like a 813 if I did that also.

Attachments

jesusgatos

If you decide to remove them, I'd LOVE to grab those from yah. I'm all the way up in the bay area, but I'm sure we could figure something out. I've got the flat plate mudflaps that bolt to the underside of the bed if you want those. I just want to anchor my mudflaps to the frame because I'm not always going to have the M109 box on the back of Mah Deuce.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would leave them on. One errant missile from the roadway, and the tank is leaking( You should see what a 1/4 20 bolt does to an fuel tank when tossed off a tire at high way speed).

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they come off I am going to put Deuce style mud guards on. I have a WTB ad listed in classified if anyone is trying to unload some. I am trying to omit that gap from the underside of the bed with the mudguards coming straight down..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks