• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Pics

Armada

We strapped it to the top of the front bumper. The towbar is the same length as the bumper. The M151 tow shackles make a good stop for the bar as it fits nicely behind them.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow that is so cool that that truck is now a Steel Soldier truck I watched it on GL and was amazed at the condition of the truck. What trailer are you looking for because that tractor was born to haul an M 127 and strong enough to haul an M 871 if you can find one. Thanks for posting the pictures and story. I do like the TJ hook up that you got from the M151 got some serious mods to do on my sons jeep now.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very sweet ride, and a great score.
Really clean. Now I have something to aspire to in fixing up my M813A1.
Thanx for posting the great pix.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I can't believe how clean that thing is.

Nice tow method on the TJ.

So is an 818 the same length as an 813? Could you throw a cargo bed on it?

halftrack

I believe that is the closest thing to a "jeep in crate" these days. That truck looks awesome. I still like the idea of the stars stenciled on the trucks. I am glad to see them still doing that.

ida34

Paul,
Did you keep track of the mileage? If so please share. Any chance I might rent that light bar from you? I have magnetic lights but I don't have an extra trailer cable or 24 bulbs for my setup.

Thanks
Chuck

oilcan

Here's a quick n' dirty way. You just have to figure out where to poke all the wires every time you use it.

It's a flat 4 wire pigtail with some wierd pins crimped on that kinda fit the truck side of the plug. When I used it, i tried to let the plug's cover come back down on it gently.

Keep in mind all the junk that get in there while it's un use, though. It's a bad time of year for road salt.

And NAPA keeps 24v bulbs in stock.

Attachments

rizzo

ida34 said:
Paul,
Did you keep track of the mileage? If so please share. Any chance I might rent that light bar from you? I have magnetic lights but I don't have an extra trailer cable or 24 bulbs for my setup.

Thanks
Chuck
I screwed some led lights to a piece of wood. the wood wont scratch the vehicles and the whole thing is pretty cheap. works with 12 or 24 volt

Armada

Thanks for all the great comments.
David, as far as a trailer, I'm thinking the M146 would fit the bill for our needs. We used the deuce for hauling our deer camp equipment every year, but since it is now sold, we need something else that can do the work. The m146 trailer was designed for the deuce tractor, so it will pull super behind a 5t. It is plenty big but not too big for all of our gear. We can keep all of our stuff in it and just hook up and go. No more loading and unloading gear from the pole barn every time. They come with 9x20 tires on them, but I may switch to 11's to match up with the tractor. I'll have to see how it sets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks