• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 plugging brake line- picking up Devils Lake, ND

I'm going to be picking up an M818 in Devils Lake, ND this Thursday. The site mgr. doesn't remember too much about these trucks for mechanical condition but did say they were driven in. I have a new master cylinder we are bringing along but I don't have a wheel cylinder.

In case one of the wheel cylinders has a bad leak what is the best way to plug the brake line going to that wheel for a temperary fix? What size thread? Any advise would be appreciated.

On another note I finished my last leg of my journey from Coshocton, Ohio to Southern Minnesota this past weekend in the 1988 M35a2c. I purchased the truck in Jacksonville, NC and drove it to Ohio where it stayed until my SF-97 came in. A grand total of approx 1,372 miles with no break downs!

Andy

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I didn't know you were driving through! Next time if your near Cincinnati, we can grab a beer. Always good to meet other members of the site.

I get to the Cincy area from time to time on business as we have a service center in Fairfield, Ohio. I'll PM you next time through. My Aunt used to live in Cincy and oh how I miss the great Skyline chili!

Andy

Stan45

Andy I am also going to be picking up my 818 on thurs, my bud has a farm near by and my shop is on your way back to MN, so if you need anything... See you thurs STAN

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks