• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 price

JHoot51

Banned
Hello I am new here so I apologize up front if I do something wrong!!
Looking into purchasing a M818 organizational shop equipment vehicle?
Does anyone know anything about what the going price for this vehicle should be ballpark>
What about parts availability?
Any info would be deeply appreciated!
I am a disabled Navy Veteran and have lots of time on my hands,
Want to get this truck to get out of Dodge if need be!!

NickAir

Good Question.

Price range is approximately:
$5000 and under for a poor example that has several issues needing repair to start and operate properly.
$5000 - 8000 for an example that is operational, but ugly, needing paint and a few issues repaired, but will drive.
$8000 - 12000 for a good example with little to no issues and few rebuilt components, straight body and upgraded tires.
$12000 and up for a great example with no issues and a striaght body, good mechanical condition, W/W, hardtop, modified, bobed, new paint and upgraded tires.

Parts avialibility is excellent. Filters and belts at NAPA. Most all parts on internet. Several large surplus vendors.

I love my 818. It is my favorite of 4 different trucks.

Last edited:

KsM715

Just to help you out in your search, the M820 has the shop box on the back. The M818 is the tractor with the 5th wheel. M818's are a lot cheaper than M820's but of course you would have no box on the back, but one could be added.

Oh, Welcome to SteelSoldiers.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You can buy an M818 and get a "Batmobile" ((don't remember the M number) shop trailer to pull behind it.

That leaves you with the tractor to pull other trailers with when you don't need the shop.

I think there is a Batmobile coming up on an unnammed gooberment auction site soon.

midcounty

I think I know where the confusion is. GL has the wrong description on a truck. The M818 is a fifth wheel tractor/truck. I believe the OP is looking at the shop truck that has the fold up sides. I can't remember the designation. These trucks are not as common as 818's, and usually bring rather high prices. They are generally well equiped with an onboard lathe, generator, drill/mill, welder, ect. I would like to have one, but not worth the price to me.

JHoot51

Banned
Thank you all for all your help!!!
Now it all boils down to the matter of religion and emergency preparedness?

That is where I am really torn?????????

If I do one I feel guilty and if I do the other I feel guilty???

Thank you again

JHoot51

JHoot51

Banned
Thanks

Thank you again

JHoot51

AaronW

See....From a closed auction...It's not a 800 series, but you get the idea.

1983 Roman Catholic AM General M915A1 6x4 Truck, Tractor, Line Haul, 50,000 GVWR. Powered by Cummins NTC-400 6 cylinder diesel engine with Allison HT-754 CRD TC498 automatic trans. Odometer reads 56783 miles. VIN # 1UTSH6686DS000362.Starts and runs with jump. Buyer Loads

:razz:

JHoot51

Banned
If I try and prepare to survive I feel guilty in my belief in God?
If I truly put my faith in God then why do I feel guilty in trying to prepare to survive a catastrophic event?

JHoot51

Banned
Confused

If I truly put my faith in God then why do I feel guilty in trying to prepare to survive a catastrophic event?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
GOD is not here to take care of you but give you the KNOWLEDGE to take care of yourself, By NOT USING this KNOWLEDGE, you show no faith in GOD, so get the DANG MV and do it right.( mv related)

Last edited:

Blood_of_Tyrants

Then you might want to reconsider and get a deuce, i/e. M35A2. In an emergency the multifuel engine can run on darn near anything flammable. Members here have run them on everything from paint thinner mixed with used oil to waste vegetable oil, transmission fluid, and gasoline mixed with used motor oil. They are dirt simple and easy to repair. Heck, you can get a whole engine for about $600 and change it out in a few hours.

Thank you again

JHoot51

Blood_of_Tyrants

God gave you the ability to reason and to prepare. If you think there is a SHTF event coming, you should be as prepared as you can be. Jesus told the disciples to sell their cloaks and buy a sword to prepare for the futire.

M813A1

OK the M811 / M944 are the rolling machine shop ( Batwing ) and the M820 is the Expansible Van !! I have seen loaded M811 sell on GL for $ 7500.00 loaded with tools in the past year !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks