• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Radiator Hose

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am trying to figure out if I can get a lower radiator hose for an M818, from a local parts place(so far, no luck). The Tm shows, PAOZZ 19207 11664468 HOSE,PREFORMED, can this be crossed to a standard commercially available hose? I am guessing that my only choice may be somewhere like, Memphis or White Owl. Has anyone here, bought a new one? Where did you get yours?. Any help is appreciated.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the replys guys, I have ordered one.:wink:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you have an easier time than I did in replacing it. It is fairly tight getting to the hose clamps (the lower one especially). Unfortunately, it looks like my lower hose was replaced when the radiator was out so the hose clamp was turned the wrong way. I could not loosen it without removing the radiator. That turned a couple hour job into a full-day job! Good luck!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope you have an easier time than I did in replacing it. It is fairly tight getting to the hose clamps (the lower one especially). Unfortunately, it looks like my lower hose was replaced when the radiator was out so the hose clamp was turned the wrong way. I could not loosen it without removing the radiator. That turned a couple hour job into a full-day job! Good luck!
I think I'm going to be in for the same, I can see the clamp, but I cannot get on it or touch it! The head(worm-screw) is facing the cross member and close!. Thanks for your input.

jwaller

that clamp is the hardest to get to of any I have ever seen. when I got my 818 I swapped all the hoses and that one was the most PITA of them all out of all my trucks

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The steering gear box is loose also, so I will pull the radiator our to change the hose and tackle the box while I have more room to get at the bolts. I just love it when something so simple, turns into such a pita!:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks