• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 radiator needed

deuceman51

Does anybody have a lead on a good take out or new radiator for the M818 anywhere in the midwest? I just bought a truck that the fan went through the radiator which needless to say makes it somewhat deadlined. Thanks in advance.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Westfolk had one, he's in NW Pa.

rizzo

let me guess. it is the one from IA. did they finally put up the correct pictures or did they have the pics of the tan FMS truck that had a depot rebuild on it?

WARNING the GL guy out there is an idiot.

I bought that truck and got my money back because it was not the right picture or the right serial number.

deuceman51

Yes it was the one from IA. The GL guy told me about the last mess with the wrong serial number. Small world. Did you get a chance to look that truck over when you were there or did you just bid online? I will be there in 2 weeks for national guard stuff so the guys will let me look it over, but they said it is inhabited by wasps and hasn't run in years. I guess we will see if I bit off more than I can handle on this truck.

rizzo

deuceman51 said:
Yes it was the one from IA. The GL guy told me about the last mess with the wrong serial number. Small world. Did you get a chance to look that truck over when you were there or did you just bid online? I will be there in 2 weeks for national guard stuff so the guys will let me look it over, but they said it is inhabited by wasps and hasn't run in years. I guess we will see if I bit off more than I can handle on this truck.
the pic they had was of a depot rebuild. I called to check on it before I picked it up and found out that was not the actual truck.

I got my money back

I saw it online again. the exact same pictures of the wrong truck. i called to the base and they said they took their own pictures and sent them to scott cause he has the wrong pictures again. I told him they were the wrong pics.

so did they have the pics of the rebuilt tan one?

PS he knew the fan was through the radiator when he listed it.

deuceman51

The pics were correct this time. It did show the radiator damage pretty clear and the fan laying in the pass floor made it quite obvious. They didn't list any mi, hrs, or anything else besides the NSN and number of the truck. I wish they would have been a bit more detailed because that might have made a change in my bidding. I guess I will have to see how this turns out.

rizzo

you can thank the soldiers at the base for th epics. they took them and emailed them to scott. (so I was told)

they guys on base seem nice and helpful over the phone

good luck

deuceman51

Well Idaho Motor Pool doesn't have any so there goes my one good lead. Anyone else have any ideas? Unfortuanately there aren't many MV boneyards around so i'm kinda up a creek right now.

jasonjc

I got what was said to be a used one from Army surplus of Dodge city. It seems to me to be NOS or a recore it was $700-$800. TNJ Murray have them but after 3 weeks of calls to them I gave up and went else where too spend my $$. Most of the other dealer were $1100-$1300 for new ones. I plan to get my old one record and save for a spare.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks