• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 rear wiring harness

OC455

The rear harness on my M818 is pretty bad shape. The tail light on the drivers side was smashed and the wires were cut off and frayed. The passenger side is just dry rotted. Spots along the harness have frayed spots and dry rot too.

I found a harness from a M939 (M929 dump truck), for a not so expensive price, but there are extra plugs for the rear lights, and a couple of extra hook ups for switches and sensors that the M818 doesn't have. Could this be a suitable replacement?

Thanks for any input.

pmramsey

Has your M818 tractor ever been rebuilt? I not, you need a completely new wiring harness front to back. Contact Mike Goodman, 207/563-3431 for the wiring harness for your M818. He will need the year of manufacture. I found him through the MVP Association. He makes them to order so there is wait time between 3 and 4 weeks.

I ordered a complete new harness for my 1965 with 1975 rebuild M54A1 5-ton Mack cargo truck several years ago. It was perfect. Everything completely new. No take off anything. All new Packard plugs each with new matching metal clips with corresponding numbers for matching up with lights, sockets, etc., and proper gauge wire as required. It took less than two hours to install the full harness front to rear. The harness also included new multi-pin plugs for trailer hookup and under the instrument panel multi-pin connections to lights, panel lights, and turn signals.

I was so inspired that several weeks later, I replaced all the lights front and rear because all the old dry-rotted plugs running from the old light fixtures stood out like sore thumbs.

OC455

I found a M809 harness, but it's not a M818 harness. Was wondering if I could add the lead to the harness for the dual fuel tank or just run a separate wire from the switch to the tank itself without having to worry about messing up the connector..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks