• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 solar panel mounting

DOCUSN1

Hi guys anyone have any idea where they would have mounted the solar panel and associated equipment on a XM818 w/w. I found paper work in my truck stating that the wires were cut for the solar panel, but have not found any traces of it. Thankyou, Mark:roll:

oilcan

I've seen them mounted several ways.
Bolted to the cowl in front of the pass. windsield, glued to the fender, stuck to the lower corner inside the windshield, just hanging out the windshield, bolted to the hard top, etc...

The spot that looks the cleanest is on the cowl. Up on the hard top is a close second if you never plan to take the top off, and if you can keep the leaking under control.

DOCUSN1

Thanks for the pics guys, I noticed that both trucks have two panels is that two sep. chargers or two panels on one charger ? Thankyou, Mark

DOCUSN1

How fragile are the panels ? I live in the north and they would be subjected to ice, snow, rain, and poss. hail. Any ideas or recomendations ? Thankyou Mark

MilitaryRestoration

They seem pretty well protected to me... and since usually uv rays break things down more quickly than ice and snow(considering they are solar panels, meant to be in sun) i'm sure they are prone to the snow and ice... however i could see if it was really cold out and say you stepped on it or dropped something onto it i could see it cracking or something. But by the looks of them they seem pretty resistant to the weather in all conditions... my 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks