• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Stop light problem-NEED HELP!

Autocar

I just won an M818 and got it home. Have a weird problem with stop lights that hopefully someone can help with. The rear turn signals work on both sides(L & R) with the headlight switch in both positions- Service Stop and Service Drive. The problem is that the R Stop light works correctly in both headlight switch positions, but the L Stop light doesn't work in either postion. I don't have a wiring diagram, but I figure that since the stop and turn bulb are the same, if one works , the other ought to work. Any ideas?

Autocar

Checked the bulbs. Both filaments good. There is only one center pin on the bulb so the filaments are redundant. This means that for some reason power does not get to the bulb.

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would check the Ground & the signal stat switch May have corrosion problem.
Just went through this on M915A3 That was in an flood water Detroit Diesel S60 500Hp
it was an mess Grounds & lots of dielectric grease to fight the problem.

Can be in the cab wire connectors.

Last edited:

bigelk50

Make sure that the blinker switch had a good ground to the steering column. It grounds by the clamp that holds it on. Then check the contacts in the switch. sounds like a ground/contact problem.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
He said he has one of the lights working. That means the circuit is active, just one housing isn't working right. Check for voltage with the peddle pressed.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just won an M818 and got it home. Have a weird problem with stop lights that hopefully someone can help with. The rear turn signals work on both sides(L & R) with the headlight switch in both positions- Service Stop and Service Drive. The problem is that the R Stop light works correctly in both headlight switch positions, but the L Stop light doesn't work in either postion. I don't have a wiring diagram, but I figure that since the stop and turn bulb are the same, if one works , the other ought to work. Any ideas?
Here you go (wiring diagram).

On plastic housings, both mounting screws must be grounded.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks