• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 strobe voltage.

Civilianfarmer10

Does anyone know for sure what voltage the yellow strobe on the top of an M818 runs on? The strobe is disconneced and I dont know what it was wired to since the switch is gone. Just about everything on this is 24 volts but I did trace a 12 volt wire going up into the cab by the engine. I would like to get this flashing again. Thanks.

tmbrwolf

Most strobes will run on 24V just fine, if it's from a convoy light kit it will be 24V. The 12V from the battery is for the engine preheater, leave it on and you will have battery problems!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks