• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 transfer case range shifting help

wbv

Who is the tranfer case guru?

I can't get my m818 to shift into low range. Seems that the shifting rod won't go far enough to engage the low range gears. If I hold down on the lever and release the clutch a bit, I can tell it is almost in gear. It travels a little more than an inch - is this the limit of travel?

Seems to shift and stay tightly in high range.

Thanks!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i had the same problem in the 819, when i pulled the xcase, i pulled the shift inspection plate and shifted it into low with a screw driver, the xcase locked up, nothing would turn, had to get it out of low for things to turn.

as a side note, some of you know that i did the 07 ga. rally trail ride in high because of the xcase problem, if i had forced it into low it would have locked up on the spot, just think of the fun that would be had getting the 819 off the mountain. there is a MV GOD

Capt.Marion

Re: RE: M818 transfer case range shifting help

73m819 said:
i had the same problem in the 819, when i pulled the xcase, i pulled the shift inspection plate and shifted it into low with a screw driver, the xcase locked up, nothing would turn, had to get it out of low for things to turn.

as a side note, some of you know that i did the 07 ga. rally trail ride in high because of the xcase problem, if i had forced it into low it would have locked up on the spot, just think of the fun that would be had getting the 819 off the mountain. there is a MV GOD
That would have been nasty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks