• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Wiper Modification

alphadeltaromeo

It could be that I'm slow :roll: but for some reason I didn't see the "5Ton Modification & Hot-Rodding" section for me to post this on... :wink:

Anyway, I used the stock arms and drilled holes through the clip and used a simple cotter pin to connect to the "jeep" refill. The reason I said "jeep" is because that's all I told the NAPA gent...that I wanted jeep blades. It works very well and was cheap. I wanted to retain the stock arms. Changing the blades will be extremely easy with this setup.

I do plan on resolving the chrome blades soon :oops:

Also, one last set of comments...I really can't tell you enough how much I love driving this 818. I much prefer this MV to the deuce...the power is excellent, the ride is excellent on the XL's and the power steering is simply fantastic. It really is a joy to drive.

Armyman and Armada had commented a few times on how much they loved their 818's...they are right on the money. Owning a 5 ton, and for me especially the 818 was an great decision. I'm not saying that I won't own another deuce, but I'm quite content with the 818. I'd highly encourage others to purchase one if the funds allow.

Andy

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

April 19th, 2008.

Nice Save on the wipers, Andy..... I see you got your M818 loose from GL!!! Given that Texas Diesel's @ $4.03 to 4.07 per gallon, I don't know if I could afford a 5 ton.... Nor do I want the required CDL that comes with it!! Set up some more pictures of your truck, by the way...... :jumpin:
What's it take to get you to break loose with a good pair of pup tent sides, ends and poles..... I'd love to have one for my educational M35A2 AKA "Saddam's Nightmare" to show the visitors here what a GI driver and co-driver might have to live with or in..... At least set one over so I can get it in May or June as my Duece and Unimog are eating my pocket money on minor repairs (with the buck down MB parts ain't getting any cheaper).....
Have fun and be careful.... "Use your Seat Belts, Don't Run with Scissor's, Drink Milk... Send US some Insurgents to Play With..... And Have a Nice Day!!!!" (Gotta Love that Marine Sentry's HUMOR).....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan :beer:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All my drivers/TC's slept in their trucks... The ONLY time we used those stupid pup tents is when we ROSI'ed at NTC in the Shades..... Why do you think there are so many 1000's out there as NOS surplus????

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you have a CHOICE to sleep in them it's one thing.. Kinda like eating MRE's when your a civilian.. It's cool and fun.. Try eating them for 2 weeks straight on a FTX.. It's no fun... :)

ida34

emmado22 said:
All my drivers/TC's slept in their trucks... The ONLY time we used those stupid pup tents is when we ROSI'ed at NTC in the Shades..... Why do you think there are so many 1000's out there as NOS surplus????
It is much easier to sleep in the front of a 900 series. I usually slept on the hood while on the move in Iraq in the 1st gulf war. I pretty much just got out of the driver's seat and moved straight to the cowl and collapsed.