• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 wire harness's wanted

surpdlr

I am looking for wire harness’s in NOS condition for my M818 tractor. Does anybody have 1 of each for sale or trade??

Front: NSN 5995-00-134-4645, PN# 11664478

Rear: NSN 6150-01-026-4623, PN# 11664361

I have Rear cargo truck Harness's to trade: NSN 2590-00-231-7431, PN# 11664365

This will of course teach me to sell the last of anything. (I sold a front harness a year before I bought the Tractor..... Such is life!!!)

Thanks,

JEFF HAIN-MATSON
WRIGHTSVILLE PA
717-252-4489

INDIAN 741
INDIAN 841
MATCHLESS G3
MATCHLESS G3L
AND SEVERAL OTHER WHEELED AND TRACKED TOYS!!

MVPA #1833
IMPS #1726
MVT #9362

Last edited:

KsM715

Did you post this in the classifieds?

from the SteelSoldiers Forum Rules page:

• Do not post items For Sale or items Wanted in the forums. That is what the Classified Ads section is for. The link may be found at the top of the site in the menu bar. Moderators may delete your For Sale or Wanted postings without notice.

The notice can also be found at the top of every page on this forum.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
KsM715, Looks like more and more are getting by putting stuff in forums. Just wording it diff, heck some just say it like surpldr did -

-This has nothing to do with you surpldr just pointing it out-

jwaller

good luck finding one. I had to replace mine and settled for a memphis takeoff. it was very good condition. never found a good rear.

KsM715

KsM715, Looks like more and more are getting by putting stuff in forums. Just wording it diff, heck some just say it like surpldr did -

-This has nothing to do with you surpldr just pointing it out-

I know what you mean. I've even see threads that are worded just like this one with moderators letting people know where to find stuff but no mention of the rule.

I have parts I need but I dont post it. I tried the classifieds like we're supposed to do with not much luck, but thats the rules, so thats what I do. Or just pm guys when they mention finding salvage yards or having parts trucks.

Besides I know if I post a thread stating that Im looking for the outer frame extensions for a 5ton winch or that I need 1 spring perch for the front axle on a deuce I'll get hammered for breaking the rules. Not by the mods but by a few select members that dont seem to like when I speak up about the rules.

surpdlr

Did you post this in the classifieds?

from the SteelSoldiers Forum Rules page:

• Do not post items For Sale or items Wanted in the forums. That is what the Classified Ads section is for. The link may be found at the top of the site in the menu bar. Moderators may delete your For Sale or Wanted postings without notice.

The notice can also be found at the top of every page on this forum.
Sorry to have offended you.

I never noticed that rule. I am used to th eG503, where this is perfectly acceptable. and makes more sense, as I am not selling a part I am looking for a part.

Again, sorry to have dared to look for parts for my truck.

surpdlr

I know what you mean. I've even see threads that are worded just like this one with moderators letting people know where to find stuff but no mention of the rule.

I have parts I need but I dont post it. I tried the classifieds like we're supposed to do with not much luck, but thats the rules, so thats what I do. Or just pm guys when they mention finding salvage yards or having parts trucks.

Besides I know if I post a thread stating that Im looking for the outer frame extensions for a 5ton winch or that I need 1 spring perch for the front axle on a deuce I'll get hammered for breaking the rules. Not by the mods but by a few select members that dont seem to like when I speak up about the rules.

Nice hijack of my thread..........:sad:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
You didnt offend anyone, we didnt say things to offend you either but its at the top of every page and when you sign up for the site in the rules not to do what you did. As you know this isnt G503 and has alot diff rules. Dont worry about it though, Jeffs right , everyones starting to do it or does it with no problems. But enforceing the rules, mods , etc is another can of worms we dont need to open here. Then this thread really will take a right hand turn and instead of looking for your wiring harness like you want it will be about rules and mods and Mangus and Chris . -Jay

Back on track - Your threads out here. Goodluck looking for it. If you want a nice take off im sure I can get you one here in NC.

KsM715

I was not offended. Its just a site rule. I agree its a dumb rule but the site believes its worthy enough to post it in a notice at the top of every page. (Seems it must be pretty important to warrent that) Now that the rules have been broken twice in this thread , your post and my hijacking of it, the mods will delete it.

Im sorry I offended you by pointing out the rules, but heres how I see it, both here and life in general; what good are rules if they are not enforced?

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The notice was added to the top of the page, back when the Classifieds section was new.

Chris chose to not allow for sale or wanted ads in the forums because we now have a classifieds section.. I tried to explain the troubles that would cause. I lost. I get to deal with it every day.

I still ask, what good is a forum, if you can't ask for help? (just don't use "WANTED" in your title) and sell in the classifieds only.

Last edited:

Chief_919

The notice was added to the top of the page, back when the Classifieds section was new.

Chris chose to not allow for sale or wanted ads in the forums because we now have a classifieds section.. I tried to explain the troubles that would cause. I lost. I get to deal with it every day.

I still ask, what good is a forum, if you can't ask for help? (just don't use "WANTED" in your title) and sell in the classifieds only.
Maybe we need an 'Items needed" forum just for posts like this, so folks can post the odds and ends they are hunting and others can help them out.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is alright to post on your truck/project threads, and mention what you need as you discuss the project.

It is not alright to just post a "wanted ad" in the forums. You need to have some "thread"/conversation, before or after your needs that are posted.

If you have comments or suggestions, then I suggest you send them to Chris or Mike directly.

Last edited:

KsM715

DH. I know I said something about deleting this thread. I need to retract that and ask you to leave it up. I'm going to go start 2 threads about 2 projects Im working on and Im sure Im gonna have to refer some members back to this thread and your previous comments. Thanks.

surpdlr, call any of the major surplus dealers that advertise at the top of the page. I'm sure you'll find one of them has what your looking for.
Hi-jack over.

surpdlr

surpdlr, call any of the major surplus dealers that advertise at the top of the page. I'm sure you'll find one of them has what your looking for.
Hi-jack over.
Do you think that I didn't already try that?????

While you may not know me from Adam, I have been fooling with MV's since about 1977, including more M715's back in the 1980's and early 90's than I can remember.... I have been around this block a few times, and foolishly thought this site was still here to help people find parts and advice. Apparently it is here so that people can have hissy fits over what other people post. I was not even aware of the classified adds or their importance. It’s been a while since I used this site.

Again, sorry to have offended anyone!

As to comments:

Wanted adds should be in the forums, I wouldn’t think that very many people go to a "Classified Ad" section to see what others are looking for.
I would think that you go to a "Classified Ad" section to BUY things.... But that’s just me...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks